Code of Conduct
Chula Vista Youth Sports promotes good conduct by all participants including players, coaches, referees, parents and spectators. Appropriate conduct will provide a safe athletic environment, good role models and a sense of community spirit throughout the league. CHULA VISTA YOUTH SPORTS participants are to maintain and promote the highest standards of conduct at all times.
1. Respect all players, coaches, referees, parents and spectators.
2. Respect the property of others including all gym facilities.
3. Not taunt, boo, or make negative comments about any players, coaches, referees, parents and spectators.
4. Remember that sports for children should be about having fun.
1. Play for fun.
2. Work hard to improve skills, learn the game and play by the rules.
3. Follow coaches directions and instructions.
4. Always respect teammates, opponents, coaches and referees.
5. Support teammates at all times.
6. Shake hands with opponents after the game.
Parents & Spectators will:
1. Remember that children participate in athletics to have fun.
2. Remember that the game is for the children, not for the adults.
3. Remember that they are not the coach and will refrain from yelling instructions out onto the court.
4. Speak to the coach in private with any concerns and never in front of the children or on the court.
5. Be a positive role model by respecting all players, coaches, referees, parents and spectators at all times.
6. Value skills development, fair competition and good effort. Recognize that the efforts of all children, your own team and opponents, is more important than the outcome of the game.
7. Cheer for all children on the team in a positive fashion, not just your own child.
8. Refrain from rude or obnoxious behavior or comments toward the opposing team and officials, and never confront referees or other game personnel.
9. Not encourage any behaviors or tactics that would endanger the health and wellbeing of anyone.
1. Make skill development, sportsmanship, teamwork, fun and learning the game…the goals of the team.
2. Be a positive role model by respecting all players, coaches, referees, parents and spectators at all times.
3. Learn and play by the rules of the game. 4. Be as respectful and restrained as possible in response to calls by officials.
5. Never lose their temper.
6. Be generous in their praise, emphasizing the efforts of players over the outcome of the game.
7. Be fair, honest and consistent in coaching philosophies and practices.
8. Recognize that children learn differently… and adapt coaching to each child’s needs accordingly.
9. Communicate clearly to players and parents about goals for the team and what behavior is appropriate.
10. Provide a safe environment for the children to play.
Full Code of Conduct below for reference